[ofw] Re: [ofa-general] Re: [Scst-devel] SRP Target Session Hangs

Vu Pham vu at mellanox.com
Thu Dec 13 23:41:43 PST 2007

Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
> Sufficool, Stanley wrote:
>> 1) We are running WinIB on Windows 2003 SR2 with the OFED SRP Target.
>> The windows machines initially connect fine to the target, however
>> when they are restarted without using the "eject io unit" SCST retains
>> the SRPT session and subsequent connects to the target fail with
>> "Cannot start device".
>
> This looks for me like an SRP target driver problem. Hopefully, Vu
> (CC'ed) can answer you.

The old {srp connection, scst session} will be terminated
before the new tuple {srp connection, scst session} being
created. Please collect some traces on both win initiator
and srp target (/var/log/messages). I want to see why and
where it fail.

>> Using most recent WinIB, kernel 2.6.22 IB drivers, and recent SRPT and
>> SCST.
>>
>> 2) I have yet to get the WinOF 1.0 or 1.0.1 SRP Initiator to work. Is
>> there any reason other than my lack of trying harder that this
>> wouldn't work?
>
> This is question for Vu as well

Please use the latest srp target driver in ofed-1.3

>> 3) This may not be the forum for this, but how can you terminate a
>> session using SCST proc commands?
>
> SCST can't (and shouldn't) do that, because it has no knowledge about
> how sessions with particular target transport created and destroyed.
> Sessions management is the target driver's duty. Ask Vu that feature.

Normally {srp connection, scst session} will be destroyed
upon disconnect reques or new connection request (without
multi-channels flag) coming from initiator or QP is in error
condition.

Sometimes we fail to terminate scst session when there are
outstanding I/Os on scst session which does not match the
outstanding I/Os on the srp connection. Right after srp
calls scst_init_cmd_done, it increases the active command
counter and decreases the counter on on_free_command.

Any idea Vlad?

thanks,
-vu