[ofw] Re: [Scst-devel] SRP Target Session Hangs

Vladislav Bolkhovitin vst at vlnb.net
Thu Dec 13 02:20:24 PST 2007

Sufficool, Stanley wrote:
> 1) We are running WinIB on Windows 2003 SR2 with the OFED SRP Target.
> The windows machines initially connect fine to the target, however when
> they are restarted without using the "eject io unit" SCST retains the
> SRPT session and subsequent connects to the target fail with "Cannot
> start device".

This looks for me like an SRP target driver problem. Hopefully, Vu
(CC'ed) can answer you.

> Using most recent WinIB, kernel 2.6.22 IB drivers, and recent SRPT and SCST.
>
> 2) I have yet to get the WinOF 1.0 or 1.0.1 SRP Initiator to work. Is
> there any reason other than my lack of trying harder that this wouldn't
> work?

This is question for Vu as well

> 3) This may not be the forum for this, but how can you terminate a
> session using SCST proc commands?

SCST can't (and shouldn't) do that, because it has no knowledge about
how sessions with particular target transport created and destroyed.
Sessions management is the target driver's duty. Ask Vu that feature.