[ofw] Question on WSD performance.

Clint Todish clint at crayon.com
Fri Dec 21 14:04:39 PST 2007

Howdy,

I've recently installed OF on a pair of 2K3 STD 64 bit servers - all patches/updates. Each has a Mellanox 25208 (128MB) dual port 4x SDR adapter. For testing, these two machines are plugged into each other back to back with OpenSM running on one. Everything seems to be functioning properly, however my overall throughput seems fairly low for the available bandwidth.

TCP window size: 8.00 KByte (default)
[204] local 10.21.0.10 port 5001 connected with 10.21.0.1 port 3381
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[204]  0.0-10.0 sec  1.35 GBytes  1.16 Gbits/sec

vstat shows:

        hca_idx=0
        uplink={BUS=UNRECOGNIZED (33)}
        vendor_id=0x02c9
        vendor_part_id=0x6278
        hw_ver=0xa0
        fw_ver=4.08.0200
        PSID=_02F0110001
        node_guid=0005:ad00:000c:28dc
        num_phys_ports=2
                port=1
                port_state=PORT_ACTIVE (4)
                link_speed=2.5Gbps (1)
                link_width=4x (2)
                rate=10
                sm_lid=0x0001
                port_lid=0x0004
                port_lmc=0x0
                max_mtu=2048 (4)

                port=2
                port_state=PORT_INITIALIZE (2)
                link_speed=2.5Gbps (1)
                link_width=4x (2)
                rate=10
                sm_lid=0x0000
                port_lid=0x0000
                port_lmc=0x0
                max_mtu=2048 (4)

It would seem that WSD isn't kicking in here at all given the results of iperf/netio. Anything that I should check for? Adapter settings?

Any help would be appreciated.

-C