[ofw] WinOF 1.0 (Windows OpenFabrics) is available

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Tue Jul 17 09:07:42 PDT 2007

Erez Cohen wrote:
> Stan,
>
> We do not have a mechanism in place to build the WinOF stack. The
> builds are done manually from time to time. Fab used to do this, this
> days Mellanox are the one doing it.
> We definitely need to have a daily build mechanism for which we need a
> dedicated server in OpenFabrics and a large storage to place those
> builds. That was one of the goals I had for the last Sonoma meeting
> but we never got to that.
>
> For now, I think customers who need the latest WSD fix can simply
> build the code from SVN and replace the WSD DLL or they can take the
> latest WSD fix (SVN 666) from
> http://lists.openfabrics.org/pipermail/ofw/2007-May/001537.html (need
> to change file extension to .7z). Please note that this fix is not the
> final one, we are still chasing a potential issue with WSD.
>
> I think once we will have the WSD issue fixed and the SRP enhancements
> we will build new bin files so this may be a good point for making
> another MSI.

OK, sounds reasonable to wait for bug fix inclusion.

Should this release be called WinOF 1.0.1 ?

I'll contact Fab on the binary release scripts unless there is a
Mellanox person I should contact?

Once I have the understanding of how to construct the 32-bit components
in x64, I can rewire the WIX files to generate an installer (.msi)
directly from the src tree instead of the binary release tree.

Thanks,

Stan.