[ofw] some WinOF questions

Diego Guella diego.guella at sircomtech.com
Wed Nov 7 23:31:33 PST 2007

I tried out IPoIB on WinOF 1.0 and 1.0.1rc2, but I got a peak BW of about
1400MBit/s (133MB/s), with 100% utilization of the CPU of the Windows XP
machine. This is clearly not a useful scenario for our application.
Now I'll make some tests with WinIB 1.3, included trying to use SDP. You'll
hear soon from me the results.

>Please also note that:
>1) Windows SDP was tested against OFED 1.2 and not 1.1 (as far as I can
>remember there were problems that were fixed in 1.2)

My Linux distribution is SUSE Professional 9.3.
There are some hacks that need to be done on the install script to get OFED
installed, so for installing OFED 1.2 maybe I'll have to do some other
hacks, and can't get 1.2 installed. I'll try first with OFED 1.1, then
perhaps move to OFED 1.2

>2) You can use Iperf as a benchmark that works both on Linux and on
>windows. From my experiments with this tool, SDP should give BW that is
>at least 3 times higher than IPOIB.

I don't need a benchmark :)
I want to see the performance of the benchmarks in my program, if I could
get them, and evaluate wich solution is the fastest with less CPU involved.