[ofw] RE: Completion with bad status: IBV_WC_RETRY_EXC_ERROR

Dotan Barak dotanb at mellanox.co.il
Tue Nov 13 06:13:23 PST 2007

o.k., I passed that and the code compilation stage ....

Just a small note:
In the modify_qp: qp_access_flags is only for supported remote
operations, so IBV_ACCESS_LOCAL_WRITE should be removed

I understand what the root cause of the problem is: you took a code from
windows and moved only PART of the code to Linux.

For example: WR_SEND is defined in iba/ib_types and has the value 1
(which is RDMA WRITE_WITH_IMM in Linux)
so actually, you did RDMA write with rkey and remote address with
undefined values.
(this is only an example for the corruption that happens during the test
execution because of this issue)

The code passed compilation because you included iba/ib_types.h (in
types.h) in Linux too.
This file should not be included in Linux (unless you really need it
...)

All of the structures, functions, enumerations in Linux verbs start with
IBV_ or ibv_.

This should fix the test problems (I hope ...)

thanks
Dotan