[ofw] WinOF interoperable with Linux OpenIB

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Oct 11 08:00:00 PDT 2007

Hello,
  As Sean pointed out, the IB connection manager is the issue; different
CM connection protocols between Linux and Windows. The DAT/DAPL sides,
if they could get connected, would have no problems exchanging messages.
Once upon a time, in a land, far, far away....an early MPI/DAPL kludge
was setup such that a TCP/IP socket connection was used to exchange IB
Queue Pair (QP) information then used to link remote QPs; not
recommended or supported in Windows.
About 9 months ago Voltaire was slated to start work on a connected mode
IPoIB for Windows (64K MTU); no telemetry since then.
So sadly 2K MTU IPoIB is about the best there is at this juncture.

stan.