[ofw] Sonoma presentation on future of WinOF

Gilad Shainer Shainer at Mellanox.com
Tue Apr 1 16:12:18 PDT 2008

I believe that there are many subjects that are need to be covered in
Sonoma, and Windows have 2 slots. One for WinOF and the second for
Microsoft. I am trying to set a parallel meeting with the vendors that
share the development to discuss the future plans. On the agenda
meeting, we need to list the general planing, and we need to close on
the details in the specific development meeting.

Gilad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Hefty [mailto:sean.hefty at intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 4:10 PM
To: Gilad Shainer; ofw at lists.openfabrics.org
Cc: Jeffrey Scott
Subject: RE: [ofw] Sonoma presentation on future of WinOF

>It will be part of WinOF 1.1. I plan to have part of it dedicated for
>futures. Please send me your slides when they are ready. I would also
>suggest to set a time for OFW future planing, in parallel to the
>official track, so the developers that will be in Sonoma can discuss
>the stack directions. Ishai and I will be there from Mellanox.

Do you think that there's enough time in 30 minutes to discuss the WinOF
1.1 plan and go into future planning as well?  I knew that we were going
to share a time slot, but I was thinking that it would focus entirely on
future planning (like OFED 1.2 or 2.0).

In any case, I will make up some slides that at least the WinOF
developers who will be there can discuss.  I will try to get them out in
the next couple of days, so we can start some e-mail discussions up
front.