[ofw] Sonoma presentation on future of WinOF

Gilad Shainer Shainer at Mellanox.com
Wed Apr 2 04:40:16 PDT 2008

There are 2 sessions on Windows. Microsoft will present one, and OFW will present the second.

Gilad

----- Original Message -----
From: ofw-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org <ofw-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org>
To: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty at intel.com>; ofw at lists.openfabrics.org <ofw at lists.openfabrics.org>
Cc: Jeffrey Scott <jeff at splitrockpr.com>
Sent: Wed Apr 02 03:43:46 2008
Subject: RE: [ofw] Sonoma presentation on future of WinOF

This would be really bad.  Microsoft is investing heavily in their
Server 2008 product with plans for HPC clustering.  I believe the
interest in IB on Windows is just starting to happen.

Who made the decision to cancel this presentation?  Perhaps the lack of
visibility as well as a lack of new releases of the Win OF stack caused
someone to believe that it was not active.

QLogic has recently added to their development team specifically to
support and build on the Win OF plans.  We have no intention of letting
it slow down in any way.