[ofw] Test Cluster

AndInc at aol.com AndInc at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 07:35:49 PDT 2008

Hello OFED Group,
I have a small cluster of Infiniband based SRP initiators and targets set
up. I am using OFED 1.3 for the Linux part of the cluster, and WinOF 1.1 [RC-1]
for the Windows part. The Linux machines are based on the 2.6.22 kernel (Suse
 10.3) and the Windows machines are based on W2K3R2X64. I am using a variety
of  Mellanox based parts (thank you Mellanox), including ConnectX parts.
I found that WinOF 1.1 [RC-1] installed fine for ConnectX, as long as one  is
patient after seeing the “New Hardware Found” prompt – if you cancel it, the
 installation seems to fail, at least in my environment.
The first time I shutdown the Linux target while Windows was still  running,
I got the BSOD.
I’d like to volunteer some test time on my cluster to help with
qualification of the code. What I don’t want to do is clutter the OFED list with  corner
cases that nobody cares about. Please let me know if there are any  specific
test cases I could run that would be helpful.
By the way, anyone running a VMWare test environment for the SRP target?
Perhaps I could include this in the cluster, if I understood how to set it  up.
I should have NFSoRDMA set up on the cluster next week, for those who are
interested.
Best Regards,
Mike Anderson
StreamScale