[ofw] WDK build environment migration thoughts

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Wed Apr 30 12:17:47 PDT 2008

I believe that the main reason that we have came to this mess with SVN
was because almost all development activity was done in separate
branches. (I believe that there have been more branches than active
developers).
There was also a problem with the compiler that we probably didn't solve
in the correct way. This problem has forced us to open more branches as
well.
I believe that now that we are over this problems, things should
probably work better.

In any case, it is possibale that git will work better than SVN, but we
are not really sure that it will work well on windows. We need someone
brave enough to try working with it for some time.

Please also note that in the coming SVN release it should support
branching, which might also make our lives simpler.