[ofw] trunk IPoIB for x86 & ia64 is broken - fails QP create.

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Fri Aug 29 16:15:30 PDT 2008

Along about svn.1499 ipoib_port.h was committed with a modified MAX_SEND_SGE.
MAX_SEND_SGE was boosted from 8 to 30 which worked fine for x64 but broke ipoib for x86 and ia64 using mthca hardware. An SGE value of 30 causes create_qp() for x86 & ia64 to fail with IB_INVALID_MAX_SGE.

Next time, make sure your test coverage is complete!!! I can see some slack for ia64 but there is NO EXCUSE for not testing x86!!

In the WOF2-0 branch, in order to make a RC0 release, I set MAX_SEND_SGE to 16 which works fine for all supported arches; the trunk remains broken.

Will the person who created the ipoib_port.h MAX_SEND_SGE change, investigate a more appropriate MAX_SEND_SGE value, test on x86 and fix the trunk!

Grumpy Stan.

PS: Curious how the trunk can remain broken for 2 of 3 supported architectures for numerous  days.

PSS: USA on holiday until Tuesday.