[ofw] Re: [ofa-general] PATCH[6/6] Windows port of libibmad - dirs, src/Sources, src/ibmad_export.def, src/ibmad_exports.src, ibmad_main.cpp

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Dec 18 17:49:10 PST 2008

>Would it be better to put these in a subdir "win" (or pick some name) instead
>of "src"?

I'm not sure what to do with the build files.

What we've been doing to test is dropping the libibmad directory into the
Windows source tree (under the 'ulp' directory).  We then 'libibmad' to the
'ulp/dirs' file.  The libibmad/dirs includes the 'src' directory, which contains
the 'sources' file that actually builds.

It does not appear that dirs files are smart enough to handle paths, so the
ulp/dirs file is unable to reference anything like libibmad/src/win. :(

And unfortunately with the diags it gets a little worse.  There can only be one
sources file per directory, which builds a single library or executable.  So, we
end up with src/sminfo, src/perftest, etc. one directory for each executable
that we want to build.  But, at least the sources files understand paths, so the
.c files do not relocate.

>If you did that could you also store a script which takes libibmad.map and
>creates your ibmad_exports.src file?  This would be easier for you if we change
>the map file.

Using scripts (should I call it a batch file?) to configure the build for
Windows is worth looking into, and may be the best solution.