[ofw] ***SPAM*** SetupDiOpenDevRegKey API

Deepak Gupta mailmeatdkg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 23:49:01 PST 2008

Hello Folks,

I am creating a device info.

I am adding my device info to the device info set( or list. whatever you
call it)

After that I do SetupDiCallClassInstaller to create my device in PnP tree.

After that I have to specify some values in "PNP Device Key" of my device
before notifying the OS to load the driver of this new device.

I am using SetupDiOpenDevRegKey API to get a handle to "PNP Device Key"
This call is returning me INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE and when I do GetLastError()
I get a very large value as last error (3758096900).

I don't know what is happening.

NOTE--> All this I tried on Windows Server 2008.

Can any one comment on above behavior?

Cheers
Deepak