[ofw] what's up with the OFA Windows project?

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Feb 5 17:13:46 PST 2008

>The added code is in place to add support to Microsoft MPI for Windows
>HPC Server 2008. Nothing has being silently. All of the maintainers on
>OFW are aware and have review the code. The purpose of the code is as I
>have wrote above, and we can have a discussion on having this interface
>being used by other applications or not. There is no known plan to
>re-design the stack or to support multiple stacks. The intend is to make
>no changes to current ULP or to add extra support in order to make sure
>current applications will continue to work.

Open source does not mean that just the maintainers need to agree.  All code
should be posted and discussed, as the maintainers are not the only
stakeholders.  NDI support could have been added in a more generic fashion.  The
implementation that I've viewed isn't protocol compliant with the IB spec, nor
does it allow interoperating with the Linux OpenFabrics stack.

In theory, this is an open source project, so anyone can propose and implement
changes to the software stack.