possible rkey byteswap (was Re: [ofw] what's up withtheOFAWindows project?)

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Feb 7 09:24:59 PST 2008

>But it's not good when you want to interoperate. You'll end-up having
>code in your applications trying to do some black magic to decide what
>format should it send the rkey to the remote side. IMO that's bad and
>that should be fixed. Applications shouldn't have to be aware of these
>details.

I agree.  But things like DAPL exist for applications that don't want to be
aware of OS specific details.  I'm also proposing that the libibverbs,
libibumad, and libibmad *interfaces* be ported over the Windows verb interfaces,
which would make it that much easier to port apps between the different OFA
products.

>I believe each IB stack should give rkey in net order, and accept them
>in net order.

Changing the behavior of existing interfaces isn't really an option at this
point.