[ofw] Doubts regarding loading of driver components

Deepak Gupta deepak at gslab.com
Sun Jan 6 22:05:52 PST 2008

Hi All,

While skimming thru the WinOF code I came across few doubts.

First of all  ,following is my understanding:-

1) ibbus.sys provides two interfaces ,one on upper edge (GUID_IB_AL_INTERFACE) for IB Clients and another on lower edge (GUID_IB_CL_INTERFACE) for HCA drivers
    to register themselves for a particular HCA device.

If anything is wrong please correct me.

My doubts are regarding the loading of drivers...

PCI bus driver enumerates the attached devices and comes to know about an attached device and with the help of PnP manager it comes to know about the Device's Instance ID (DIID) and is accordingly able to load the mthca drivers (mthca.sys).

When are ibbus.sys and ibiou.sys comes into the picture.
To be specific when are their entry point routines and their adddevice routine are called.

Also if somebody has some kind of documentation on Windows OFED stack ,I would be highly grateful to himi/her sharing on the group.

If I missed out something or misunderstood something ,a correction would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Deepak Gupta