[ofw] question on windows svn tree

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Jan 9 11:39:05 PST 2008

Can someone point me to the userspace NDI (the actual interface)?

>From an interoperability viewpoint, it appears that the WinOF NDI branch could
be made to work with Linux by replacing the use of ATS with ARP and formatting
the CM REQ data appropriately.  (On that note, why is ATS there?  I thought it
was a protocol made up for DAPL.  What's registering the ATS with the SA?)

I'm not sure if NDI supports functionality such as explicit address/port binding
or quality of service (socket bind() and setsockopt() calls), and I noticed a
lot of hard-coding of CM values.  But I haven't looked at NDI enough to know if
it exposes these sorts of capabilities, or figure out what in the NDI branch is
an interface versus a current implementation restriction.