[ofw] difference between mt23108 and mthca drivers

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Wed Jan 23 01:14:50 PST 2008

23108 is the dev_id of the first Mellanox HCA chip.
The mt23108 driver was developed in ~2003 and is based on Linux gen1
code.
It supports only memory-based devices 23108 and 25208.
The mthca driver is based on Linux gen2 code.
It supports all (PCI-X and PCI_Express) Mellanox HCA devices except the
last (ConnectX) one.
It supports also the devices in their "livefish" (FW-less) mode, which
enables performing various management tasks like burning new FW.