[ofw] RE: [owf][patch] user multicast offload support

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Jul 2 09:14:08 PDT 2008

We encourage our customer to write and implement applications over verbs and
inputs from them can affect our stack implementation.

According your "philosophy" you will not accept any requirement to Win-verbs
from customers that are not contributing the application code back to open src..

I said that we need something in the tree that will use it, including libraries.
New features exposed through a library should be exposed in a generic fashion.
I don't expect applications to be open source.

For this specific issue, IBAL does not support multiple users joining the same
multicast group.  That is the first thing that must be fixed, and it's a generic
solution that applies to all applications.  Then ipoib can determine what policy
to use when joining a multicast group.  Otherwise, we just end up adding code
that we later have to rewrite.