[ofw] [owf][patch] user multicast offload support

Yiftah Shahar yiftahs at voltaire.com
Tue Jul 8 08:10:53 PDT 2008

Hi Sean,

> The communication of this policy needs to be between ipoib and the
application that doesn't want it to attach.

How the application can communicate directly with IPoIB?

Are you thinking about some interface that will be exposed by IPoIB to
applications/IBAL (like by the join API) ?

I think that a limitation of "use user space MC only" or "use IPoIB
only" per specific MC group is acceptable by our customers at list for
first version...

Yiftah