[ofw] RE: Release IBA resources in DISPATCH_LEVEL ?

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Thu Jun 12 14:28:18 PDT 2008

There is no waiting required - the HW will generate an interrupt, which will queue the HCA driver's DPC, which will invoke a callback.  The only reason waiting is needed is because the driver implementation forces it.

So fixing the driver stack properly would require a new HCA driver design, and appropriate changes to modules higher in the stack.  That's a lot of work.