[ofw] Programatically checking Infiniband performance counters

Moshe Haim Moshe-ha at orbotech.com
Sun May 4 05:46:59 PDT 2008

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have a few additional questions:

Looking at the ib_port_counters_t structure I see several fields.

The port_xmit_data looks like transferred the data in bytes divided by 4
- however, it is only 32 bit so it fills up very fast (after 16GB).

The port_xmit_pkts looks like transferred data in 1KB packets - so it
fills up more slowly:

1. Can I rely on the packet size being 1KB - if not where can I find the
packet size definition.

2. How can I reset the counters to 0? I tried using ib_local_mad with
setting the port_xmit_pkts/port_xmit_data to 0 and use mad->method =
IB_MAD_METHOD_SET but that doesn't seem to work...
I need this since I expect to run for long periods of time and even the
port_xmit_pkts will hit its limit.

Last but not least, is there any plan to add performance counters in
windows for WinOF in the future?

Thanks,

Moshe.