[ofw] patch: [mlx4] Add minor function (is_power_of_2)andfixcompilation issues on C++.

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Fri May 23 09:39:16 PDT 2008

Tzachi,
  There is not much to discuss. The offending code must be removed as
soon as possible.

The presence of 'any' identifiable sections of Linux kernel header files
infects the entire WinOF module such that it can not exist under a BSD
license.  The entire module code base becomes GPL'ed (infected) due to
the identifiable presence of Linux kernel code (parts of Linux header
files).  Once the module is GPL'ed, those who help us the most will be
forbidden to examine the module source and likely the entire WinOF
stack; don't bite the hand that feeds you.

This is a serious situation, given the changing OFA Windows contributor
agreement.
Please correct this situation immediately.

I would suggest using BSD code or get creative with the C pre-processor
and use Windows functions wrapped in macros.

thank you,

stan.