[ofw] Patch: Fix using lists on ipoib without locks

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Mon Nov 3 15:37:00 PST 2008

> I'm not sure Tzachi left it by mistake.

I don't think it was a mistake either, but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

> I'm not sure it is a bad idea to change the name so it will be easy to
> find it in the future. Maybe using p_endpt1 is not such a good name, but
> using some other name for the field (e.g., include the name of the
> containing structure as a prefix: p_send_desc_endpt or p_sd_endpt), does
> not look like a bad idea.

Those should be separate patches then, and discussed on the list.  A policy should probably then be created that all variables should have unique names.

IMO the result will be ugly code, making it harder to read.  A decent editor will find references to structure members, and eliminate the need to 'decorate' the names.