[ofw] files for network direct(ibndprov.dll)

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Wed Oct 8 09:17:26 PDT 2008

Go Yoshimura wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> We have questions about files for network direct.
> - ibndprov.dll, ibndprov32.dll and ndinstall.exe in
>   WinOF_2-0_wlh_x64.zip(v2.0_rc2) are built on 08-27-2008. Many other
>   files are built on 09-25-2008. Is this as you intend? (no update
>   for network direct) We get it from here

ND binaries incorporated in the WinOF release are delivered from Mellanox.
The OFA-Windows is a BSD license only setup, Microsoft legal has yet to approve ND IB provider src under a BSD license. Hence the only way to incorporate ND into a WinOF release is from a MS licensed vendor.

> http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/WinOF/v2.0_rc2/Server_2008-Vista-HPC/Installers/WinOF_2-0_wlh_x64.zip

Yes - you are correct, Ibscan.bat and Ibcleanup.bat have recently been updated.
Please understand, IBscan & IBcleanup are not supported, along with being transitional in nature - eventually they will go away.