[ofw] files for network direct(ibndprov.dll)

Go Yoshimura go-yoshimura at sstc.co.jp
Wed Oct 8 21:19:24 PDT 2008

Thank you for your helps.
- We understand ND binaries and others are not always updated at the same time.
- Ibscan.bat and Ibcleanup.bat help us very much.
  With these files, we have succeeded uninstalling WinOF_2-0_wlh_x64.zip(v2.0_rc2) and then installing WinIB-ND v1.4.1(from mellanox.com).
- When we run IBcleanup.bat, we sometimes(2 cases for 5 systems) get messages which means "Access denied".
  In this case, we have to reboot and re-run IBcleanup.bat.

go
---------

Smith, Stan wrote:
>Go Yoshimura wrote:
>> Hello all!
>>
>> We have questions about files for network direct.
>> - ibndprov.dll, ibndprov32.dll and ndinstall.exe in
>>   WinOF_2-0_wlh_x64.zip(v2.0_rc2) are built on 08-27-2008. Many other
>>   files are built on 09-25-2008. Is this as you intend? (no update
>>   for network direct) We get it from here
>
>ND binaries incorporated in the WinOF release are delivered from Mellanox.
>The OFA-Windows is a BSD license only setup, Microsoft legal has yet to approve ND IB provider src under a BSD license. Hence the only way to incorporate ND into a WinOF release is from a MS licensed
vendor.

>> http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/WinOF/v2.0_rc2/Server_2008-Vista-HPC/Installers/WinOF_2-0_wlh_x64.zip
>>

>Yes - you are correct, Ibscan.bat and Ibcleanup.bat have recently been updated.
>Please understand, IBscan & IBcleanup are not supported, along with being transitional in nature - eventually they will go away.
>
>> - IBscan.bat seems wrong at line 44.
>>   http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/WinOF/etc/IBscan.bat
>>    Wrong:
>>         IF EXIST %W64%\ndibprov.dll     echo    %W64%\ndibprov.dll
>>    Correct:
>>         IF EXIST %W64%\ibndprov.dll     echo    %W64%\ibndprov.dll
>>   With this modificaiton, we succeed scanning ibndprov.dll from
>> SYSWOW64
>> Winof SYSWOW64 files
>>    C:\Windows\syswow64\ibal.dll
>>    C:\Windows\syswow64\ibald.dll
>>    C:\Windows\syswow64\mthcau.dll
>>    C:\Windows\syswow64\mthcaud.dll
>>    C:\Windows\syswow64\complib.dll
>>    C:\Windows\syswow64\complibd.dll
>>    C:\Windows\syswow64\ibwsd.dll
>>    C:\Windows\syswow64\ibndprov.dll
>>
>> thank you
>> go

----
Go Yoshimura <go-yoshimura at sstc.co.jp>
Scalable Systems Co., Ltd.  <http://www.sstc.co.jp/>
Tokyo Kojimachi Office  BUREX Kojimachi 8F, 3-5-2 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0083 Japan
              Tel: 81-3-5875-4718 Fax: 81-3-3237-7612
Osaka Office            HONMACHI-COLLABO Bldg. 4F, 4-4-2 Kita-kyuhoji-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0057 Japan
              Tel: 81-6-6224-4115