[ofw] files for network direct(ibndprov.dll)

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Oct 9 09:39:19 PDT 2008

Go Yoshimura wrote:
> Thank you for your helps.
> - We understand ND binaries and others are not always updated at the
> same time.
> - Ibscan.bat and Ibcleanup.bat help us very much.
>   With these files, we have succeeded uninstalling
> WinOF_2-0_wlh_x64.zip(v2.0_rc2) and then installing WinIB-ND
>   v1.4.1(from mellanox.com).

Why do you add the WinIB-ND on top of WinOF?

> - When we run IBcleanup.bat, we
> sometimes(2 cases for 5 systems) get messages which means "Access
> denied". In this case, we have to reboot and re-run IBcleanup.bat.

I suspect you are running server 2008, as files in the driver store are owned by System which is now different from Administrator. The files in the driver store need to have their owner changed to Administrator, then 'Full-control' applied to said files, then one can actually delete them....sigh.