[ofw] RE: IPoIB patches

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Sun Oct 12 02:39:25 PDT 2008

Memory Leak on ipoib was applied on: 1643, 1644.
whql_bsod_patches.patch was applied on 1645, 1646,
fab-ipoib-guid.patch was applied on  1647, 1648 with the
following change:

In the function __recv_get_endpts we are still using the mask
that exists in the registry.
This means that guid_mask will be used also for packets that
are coming from the network.
The rational for this change is that IB clusters usually
comes from one HW supplier.
As a result if the local GUID is not "well known" it is very
likely that all other neighboring guids are not "well known" as well.