[ofw] RE: HPC head-node slow down when OpenSM is started on the head-node (RC4,svn.1686).

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Fri Oct 24 13:00:11 PDT 2008

Hello All,
  Below are the results of snooping around with the debugger connected to the head-node which is operating in the OpenSM induced slow-down mode.

Interesting item is the call to ipoib_port_up() with p_port == 0, looks to be a problem; Clobbered stack?
The captured windbg story is attached.

Possible results of not holding the port lock from __bcast_cb()?

Please advise on further debug.

Stan.

nt!DbgBreakPointWithStatus
nt!wctomb+0x4cbf
nt!KeUpdateSystemTime+0x21f (TrapFrame @ fffffa60`022e9840)
nt!KeReleaseInStackQueuedSpinLock+0x2d
nt!KeDelayExecutionThread+0x72c
ipoib!ipoib_port_up(struct _ipoib_port * p_port = 0x00000000`00000000, struct _ib_pnp_port_rec * p_pnp_rec = 0xfffffa60`024be780)+0x79 [f:\openib-windows-svn\wof2-0\rc4\trunk\ulp\ipoib\kernel\ipoib_port.c @ 5186]
ipoib!__ipoib_pnp_cb(struct _ib_pnp_rec * p_pnp_rec = 0xfffffa60`024be780)+0x20d [f:\openib-windows-svn\wof2-0\rc4\trunk\ulp\ipoib\kernel\ipoib_adapter.c @ 678]
ibbus!__pnp_notify_user(struct _al_pnp * p_reg = 0xfffffa80`05262d90, struct _al_pnp_context * p_context = 0xfffffa60`024be110, struct _al_pnp_ca_event * p_event_rec = 0xfffffa80`08b65108)+0x17b [f:\openib-windows-svn\wof2-0\rc4\trunk\core\al\kernel\al_pnp.c @ 557]
ibbus!__pnp_process_port_forward(struct _al_pnp_ca_event * p_event_rec = 0x00000000`00000000)+0xa6 [f:\openib-windows-svn\wof2-0\rc4\trunk\core\al\kernel\al_pnp.c @ 1279]
ibbus!__pnp_check_ports(struct _al_ci_ca * p_ci_ca = 0xfffffa80`04bcc8c0, struct _ib_ca_attr * p_old_ca_attr = 0x00000000`00000001)+0x14d [f:\openib-windows-svn\wof2-0\rc4\trunk\core\al\kernel\al_pnp.c @ 1371]
ibbus!__pnp_check_events(struct _cl_async_proc_item * p_item = 0xfffffa80`04bc3e98)+0x171 [f:\openib-windows-svn\wof2-0\rc4\trunk\core\al\kernel\al_pnp.c @ 1566]
ibbus!__cl_async_proc_worker(void * context = 0xfffffa80`04bc3d60)+0x61 [f:\openib-windows-svn\wof2-0\rc4\trunk\core\complib\cl_async_proc.c @ 153]
ibbus!__cl_thread_pool_routine(void * context = 0xfffffa80`04bc3860)+0x41 [f:\openib-windows-svn\wof2-0\rc4\trunk\core\complib\cl_threadpool.c @ 66]
ibbus!__thread_callback(struct _cl_thread * p_thread = 0x00380031`00430032)+0x28 [f:\openib-windows-svn\wof2-0\rc4\trunk\core\complib\kernel\cl_thread.c @ 49]