[ofw] Some good news and some not so good news....

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Wed Oct 29 18:15:15 PDT 2008

Hello,

The Good news...
The HPC head-node slow down appears to be gone. I was able to install OpenSM on the head-node, install 15 nodes and proceed into MPI testing without problems.

The only possible problem I saw was during remote installs from the head-node via clusrun, at times a cmd window character echoing would stop for 3-7 characters, echo back 'some' of the characters and continue; all this on a hardwired keyboard & display?
The running task manager showed CPU utilization spikes consistent with dropping characters.
Additionally, the mouse cursor would freeze during the CPU utilization spikes.

I have not seen either of these problems after the remote node installs completed successfully.  Not sure what to make of the spikes?

The not so good news....

svn.1711 WOF2-0\trunk\hw\mlx4 mlx4_hca.sys fails to load on Svr 2008, mlx4_bus.sys loads OK.
 'devman update mlx4_hca.inf MLX4\CONNECTX_HCA' returns error(2)?
This command invocation worked fine in RC1..RC4?

Does the addition of WPP support and turning on ENABLE_TRACING in the mlx4 drivers require additional files to be installed with mlx4 ?

Thanks,

Stan.