[ofw] Problem with "Avoid the SM" patch

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Wed Sep 10 10:07:48 PDT 2008

Hi Xalex,

I'm confused about this - how does the SM initialize AV fields?

>We found with IB analyser sends with REMOTE_LID==0 right after
>restarting the opensm, that caused to PING to fail.

Did the ARP request get sent properly?  What about the ARP response?  Where the contents of these packets 'sane'?

>Also, it's not related to the kind of connection, we tried it on
>back-to-back connection as well as on switch connection

Ok, that's good I suppose.

>3. We continue to debug in order to provide the solution. Please, let us
>know if you have some proposal to resolve this issue

Did you see this running on top of the 1486 revision, or against the head?  I worry that with all the recent changes to IPoIB that a change might have been lost.