[ofw] Problem with "Avoid the SM" patch

Alex Naslednikov xalex at mellanox.co.il
Wed Sep 10 09:55:31 PDT 2008

Hello Fab,
Finally, we found the problem and continue in order to fix it.
Here is the description.

1. Initially, it was found than there was no respond to ping after
disabling/enabling the adapter.
This issue was shown only on back-to-back connected machines (not via
switch)

2. Today we found, that this is not the original problem.
The problem occurs when one restarts (kill and run) opensm. New instance
of opensm initalize to zero some fields in AV.
We found with IB analyser sends with REMOTE_LID==0 right after
restarting the opensm, that caused to PING to fail.
Also, it's not related to the kind of connection, we tried it on
back-to-back connection as well as on switch connection

3. We continue to debug in order to provide the solution. Please, let us
know if you have some proposal to resolve this issue

Thanks,
XaleX