[ofw] ***SPAM*** SDP and Ethernet

Carlos Roberto Cunha Fernandes crcf70 at ig.com.br
Wed Sep 17 14:54:26 PDT 2008

Hello,

We are developing an application (Audio & Video Server) in Windows XP that
use a MySQL database and SDP (socket direct protocol)  to transfer files
from one machine to another through an mellanox infinihost III. For us
is mandatory to use SDP (Socket Direct Protocol) because we need the fastest
speed possible to transfer big video files. We are using MLNX_WinOF for x86
plataforms version 1.1.0 MSI. We did the transfer using sockets in a way
similar to the SDK sample application SdpConnect. We turn on SDP following
instructions given in the document "MLNX_WinOF_Readme.txt" in the topic "9.3
Running Applications over SDP". Our application transfer files using SDP
properly. The problem is that we need also connect to a MySQL database in
the same application. We did this using the command "mysql_real_connect",
but this command failed when SDP Layer is on. When we turn off SDP layer the
command "mysql_real_connect" is successfull. We noted that MySQL uses socket
internally. So we need SDP sockets for our transfer routines and normal
sockets for access MySQL. Then we tried to use
MIXED_SDP_APPLICATIONS following the instructions given in the topic "9.4
Running an Application over SDP and Ethernet" but did not work. This topic
tells to use :

WSASocket (AF_INET_FAMILY, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_TCP,0,0,WSA_FLAG_OVERLAPPED
| 0x40)

for SDP sockets. We did it, but always can not create the socket - error
10022. Taking a looking in the definition of WSASocket we discover that the
last parameter "flags" does not have the option "WSA_FLAG_OVERLAPPED |
0x40".  As I understand the code 0x40 tells that this socket is SDP but we
can not use it because the command WSASocket always fail because it does not
understand this last parameter.

How to solve this problem ? We need to use MySQL and SDP in the same
application.

Can you send me more documents describing how to run an Application over SDP
and Ethernet ?

Why I did not get to create the socket with WSA_FLAG_OVERLAPPED | 0x40 ?
What is missing ?

Regards,

Carlos Cunha