[ofw] ***SPAM*** SDP and Ethernet

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Thu Sep 18 11:31:22 PDT 2008

Hi,

As far as I can tell from a first look, it seems that there is some
problem in the configuration that you are using.
On the first look it seems that the problem might be that you have
removed the ibsdp provider and failed to install it again.

You can install it again using the command: InstallSdpProvider -i

The main idea when running with the parameter WSA_FLAG_OVERLAPPED | 0x40
is to tell the sdp layer to use SDP, but this  parameter is later
removed by the ibsdp.dll. I believe that if you get the 10022 error this
means that the ibsdp layer is not installed.

Am I right in assuming that even a simple program doesn't work for you
when you are trying to use mixed SDP applications?

In order to work with mixed SDP applications please make sure that:
1) SDP driver is running. (net start SDP)
2) The provider is installed. (InstallSdpProvider -i)
3) Set the registry value MIXED_SDP_APPLICATIONS to 1. It is located
under:
   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sdp\Parameters
4) Make sure that the SdpApplications is *NOT* set to the name of your
application.

Here are also a few questions in order to try and understand your
environment:
1) Is my SQL running on windows, or is it running on Linux?
2) mysql_real_connect command, what is it exactly? Is this an
executable? Is this a function/library in the same program that you are
trying to run?

If my advice doesn't help can you please give me a remote connection to
your system?
If giving a remote connection is not possibale can you send me the
application that you are using? I believe that you have a simpler
version of this application.

I can also send you a debug version that will have more prints.