[ofw] RE: ibbus - Control Device Object - bugzilla #1367

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Apr 23 16:38:12 PDT 2009

Hello,

Leonid Keller wrote:
> Thank you a lot.
> I'll test the patches.
> Some questions.
> I understood that you are closing IBAL on power down like low-level
> driver does with HCA.

Yes - Only for the power case of SystemPowerState & (PowerActionShutdown+{Reset|Off}.
See fdo_set_power().
I believe this excludes hibernate although I have yet to test hibernation.

> Are you opening it up back on power up ?
Not explicitly in a power routine, depending on existing code in bus_add_device() to call al_initialize().

> Have you tried the patched driver in standby/hibernate scenarios ?
> It is a must for WHQL.

Not as yet, although it's planned work.

> We have now problems with some clients which are performing WHQL
> system tests on our December-released version.
> Especially in Common_Scenario_Stress and Disable_Enable tests which
> perform disable/enable and power down/up sequences.
> Have you ever run them on the driver ?

Not as yet.

> While WHQL-ing they used to be launched from DTM, but they are also
> found in WDK - \WinDDK\6001.18001\tools\WDTF\amd64fre\SampleScripts -
> and can be run manually. The instructions how to run are found in the
> script itself.
> Shortly, one has first to install WDTF:
>    \WinDDK\6001.18001\tools\WDTF\amd64fre\InstallWDTF.cmd
> and then to invoke
>    cscript Common_Scenario_Stress_With_IO.wsf
> or
>    cscript Disable_Enable_With_IO.wsf
>
> It would be great if you could test the patches in some ways of the
> above.

OK, will proceed down the WHQL test path; Thank you for the pointers.
I'm not sure how much I will be able to get done as I'm out for vacation 4/29 thru 5/10.
Basically Friday + next Monday/Tuesday then I disappear.
I'll let you know on the testing status before I disappear.

Stan.