[ofw] RE: ibbus - Control Device Object - bugzilla #1367

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Fri Apr 24 09:42:40 PDT 2009

Hello Leonid,
  A few questions.

Leonid Keller wrote:
> Have you tried the patched driver in standby/hibernate scenarios ?
> It is a must for WHQL.

After reviewing the power query code,  ibbus will not standby/hibernate by design; power query routine for standby/hibernate answer NO to both standby and hibernate queries.

How was it that WHQL was passed in previous attempts?
Is standby/hibernate a new Svr 2008 WHQL requirement.

Is it WHQL permissible to just say no to standby/hibernate for the time being and embark down the standby/hibernate implementation path for WinOF 2.2 release?

If not, then you asking me to implement standby/hibernate to work correctly?
A much larger task than just making the ControlDeviceObject disable/enable work.

If so standby/hibernate are required for WinOF 2.1, then I assume IPoIB connections will all be lost over standby/hibernate?

Has the HCA drivers been coded and tested to standby/hibernate correctly?

Thanks,

Stan.