[ofw] patch 2/2 Add support for RDMAoEth to the low level driver

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Dec 3 15:45:27 PST 2009

>> >+ // make this same as Linux code: p_path->hop_flow_raw >= 2
>> means grh present.
>> >+ if(cl_hton32(p_path->hop_flow_raw) >= 2)  p_av->attr.grh_valid = 1;
>>
>> Please submit this as a separate patch, and it would be best to decide
>> on a single way to set grh_valid.
>>

>This is required otherwise remote cm (like linux) will not use gid for the
>communication and failed cm.

I don't follow this.  This is setting a local variable, not something that goes on the wire from what I can tell.  How does this change impact the remote side?

>This remote gid is used to let local knows where to send info. Just like an ip
>address.
>It's not IB environment. For simple test program like pingpong, specify gid
>here makes life easy. Otherwise how do you find out remote gid?

The same way the remote LID and QPN are determined.  The test programs determine the values using local calls and exchange those with the remote side out of band.  This makes the programs simpler to use.