[ofw] RE: [IPoIB] [Patch] adapter could be left in INIT state.

Alex Estrin alex.estrin at qlogic.com
Wed Feb 11 05:23:58 PST 2009

> >Adapter has a chance to stuck in IB_PNP_PORT_INIT state if PNP events arrive in
> >following order: first IB_PNP_LID_CHANGE or IB_PNP_SM_CHANGE - ipoib_port_up()
> >called first time, then later IB_PNP_PORT_ACTIVE - ipoib_port_up() called
> >again.
>
> Is this possible with the IBAL 'event reporting' code?

Yes, with two hosts connected back-to-back + openSM, I've got one of the hosts
in that state after a couple cable pulls.

>If this is possible, should the fix go into IBAL's
> event reporting?
>
> - Sean
Ipoib adapter object is a client for IBAL notification events delivered through registered callback.
For every event arrived adapter object changes it's state and modifies state of associated port object.
In the case I've described adapter could miss it's state change because one particular port state wasn't considered.
I'm not sure how do you see this ULP local issue fix goes to IBAL?

Alex.