[ofw] RE: [IPoIB] [Patch] adapter could be left in INIT state.

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Wed Feb 11 11:47:20 PST 2009

> I believe that the problem starts from the fact that there is an ipoib
> adapter and an ipoib port which have different states and different
> locks but are actually representing the same object.

The ipoib adapter object is what NDIS manipulates.  But NDIS calls most entry points at DISPATCH_LEVEL, so the ipoib port object is used to store/change all HW resources, and operations that require PASSIVE_LEVEL are all done from the context of the event reporting callback from IBAL.

Hopefully some of this can be handled when IPoIB gets rewritten for NDIS 6?