[ofw] Support boot device in IB stack?

James Yang jyang at xsigo.com
Wed Feb 11 15:59:05 PST 2009

Hi Tzachi,

The boot should be OK if #1 and #3 are resolved. In order to support
crashdump, the IB related code must be able to run at IRQL 31. It will
be good to know what functions are OK to run and what are not. By the
way, according to DDK, "Callers of KeAcquireSpinLock must be running at
IRQL <= DISPATCH_LEVEL."

There is no formal document on crashdump. The most important thing is
that it's running at IRQL 31, and multiple threading may not work at
this time.

iSCSI is one of the solutions, but we also have to support vhba
directly. And in order to get MS WHQL for vhba, we must support
crashdump. Do you get any request to support crashdump on iSCSI/ipoib?

Thanks,
James