[ofw] How to block waiting for a CQE?

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Wed Feb 18 08:54:20 PST 2009

Hi Diego,

> On Linux, I can block waiting for CQE using a comp_channel and blocking
> on the ibv_get_cq_events function. It seems that on Windows there isn't
> such function.

If your release schedule lines up with the next WinOF release that includes WinVerbs and libibverbs support, you might consider coding to either one of these.  WinVerbs will give avoid all the complib abstractions, and give you the option of getting CQ notifications either via an event, blocking, or to an I/O completion port.  The libibverbs support above WinVerbs would let you share your code between Linux and Windows if that's important to you.