[ofw][patch][WinVerbs tests] Re: fix IPv6relatedconnectionproblem

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Feb 24 11:48:04 PST 2009

>This patch solves one part of the problem but not all of it:
>Reducing the time that it takes to do the measurements helps, but you
>have to remove it *twice*.

I kept my patch below, but only took time stamps on the client side.  (I added
checks: 'if (servername)' before taking the time stamps.)

It's not easy to account for the time stamp time of the remote side, since the
system may not have the same hardware, could be running Linux or a different
version of Windows, etc.  (Most of the time when I run tests, they are not
between like systems.  Hey, the send latency test works winverbs and ibal.  How
cool is that?)

I think this allows us to maintain a valid histogram.