[ofw] Adding Performance Counters support for WinOF

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jan 13 23:56:52 PST 2009

Hi Alex,

Please note that there are two ways to implement the global counters:
One way is change the IBAL verbs to accumulate things in software (very
like what WSD does).
This will indeed count everything and have some impact on performance.

The second way is to have a counter that will ask the hca about the data
that is passed.
(something very close to what vstat does). Implementing this as a
performance counter provider will make this more general. Indeed this
will count data for all applications (user + kernel) but many times this
is fine.