[ofw] Adding Performance Counters support for WinOF

Moshe Haim Moshe-ha at orbotech.com
Thu Jan 15 04:09:32 PST 2009

I further discussed it with my manager who worked with the Linux version
and I was told that on Linux there was a problem with perfquery since it
was neither thread nor process safe - i.e. calling it concurrently from
2 or more threads/processes would crash.
In addition, I can only assume perfquery is an executable.

The application I'm working on is performance oriented and in the load
balance mechanism we check every interval the performance information.
In case of an executable it would be very heavy to launch it each time
in order to get that information.

I also assume that perfquery uses one of the more "lower levels" dlls
mentioned below in order to get the performance counter information
(libibumad?).

To be more concrete, if I'd want to directly access the counter
information I'll simply need to link my project against that DLL and
call an API method - is that assumption correct?

Thanks,
Moshe.