[ofw] RE: WinOF 2.1 RC-1 workaround

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 15 17:08:51 PDT 2009

>> I thought if you didn't specify the name of the provider it would
>> default to ibal?
>
> The -i option requires an argument.  We can change the default behavior
> to 'install' by default with 'ibal' as the default provider, but that's
> not how it's coded with the latest updates.  I don't know that that's
> desirable though.

If the intent is to eventually have only a single ND provider, then having a useful default would be handy while we transition from the IBAL-based to the WV-based ND provider.

To that extent, having 'ibal' be the default would let people continue to use the tool as they are used to without surprises.