[ofw] RE: complib and cl_nodenamemap

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Mar 6 10:45:30 PST 2009

>Basically yes. But we need to find some acceptable solution first which
>will be better than how it is implemented now.

One possibility is to link the calls directly.  This is the same as calls in
ibdiag_common.c.  Functions like ibdiag_process_opts() are used in more places
than cl_nodenamemap, but they are still not part of any library.  This is the
simplest solution for now.

An alternative is to abstract the needed functionality in such a way that it's
usable not just by the IB management code, but other potential users as well.
This requires more engineering effort.

My personal preference is to link the calls in directly, then decide later what,
if anything, should be done with code shared between all the IB management
applications.