[ofw] RE: [ofa-general] RE: complib and cl_nodenamemap

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Mar 6 12:54:23 PST 2009

>We clearly don't want to introduce OpenSM -> infiniband-diags dependency
>- OpenSM now is distributable as separate tarball.

I'm not suggesting adding a dependency.  I'm saying:

1. complib should be completely independent of Infiniband management on Linux.
Having it tightly coupled with the Linux IB management subnet manager is a
mistake that should be fixed.

2. cl_nodenamemap is an IB management application specific use of more generic
complib and C-runtime libraries.  A way should be found to share the nodenamemap
source code between those apps that does not involve complib.

If we do not want to move nodenamemap into a new library, then each package can
have its own copy.  Eventually the ib-diags would not need to depend on opensm
being installed.