[ofw] What is the current support level for QoS in WinOF?

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Mar 23 11:15:29 PDT 2009

>Is QoS supported in WinOF?

Definitely not to the extent supported by the Linux stack.

>Is QoS supported in Mellanox WinOF?
>Alternatively, can I add a single Linux host to my fabric, just to run OFED
>(and opensm) on it to get full QoS support? Are there some incompatibilities
>between win-linux (about QoS)?

I'm highly skeptical that the WinOF opensm supports QoS, but I don't know for
certain.  Even using the OFED opensm, additional changes would still be needed
to the WinOF host stack; for example, using new PathRecord fields.  There
shouldn't be any incompatibilities, but the WinOF stack won't provide the SM
with enough information to support more advanced QoS partitioning.

You may be able to use the OFED opensm to achieve some level of QoS, depending
on how you want things separated.  If you can separate QoS based on HCA ports,
you might have more success than trying to separate different applications
running on the same HCA port.