[ofw] RE: IPoIB NDIS 6.0 - what is the proposed svn file structure?

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Tue May 26 14:06:22 PDT 2009

> I believe that changing the names of  ipoib.sys & netipoib.inf to
> something like  ipoib6.sys & netipoib6.inf should be a good idea.
>
> Otherwise the chance to get confused is very big.

The alternative is to only support the 6.0 version on Vista/Server 2008/Win7, and only support the 5.1 version on XP/Server 2003.

This assumes that the 6.0 version would be tested to the extent where there are no regressions over the 5.1 version - at that point, why would anyone run the 5.1 version on the newer OS's?  Especially if only the 6.0 version is WHQL certified?